The British Council is conducting an online training course for primary school teachers in Syria as part of a professional development program to improve the quality of education.
About the training
- Language of the training: the training will be delivered in Arabic for teachers of all subjects and in English for English teachers.
- The training includes a set of modules on teaching and learning methodologies, teaching approaches, learning assessment, individual differences and classroom management. These modules provide an in-depth knowledge on such areas through online virtual classes managed by the British Council e-moderators. Teachers will be involved in a learning journey as part of community of practice to share experiences, gain best practices and address the difficulties and challenges they face in their work.
- Duration of the training: the training will be delivered over a period of 5 months that will include:
- Involving teachers in planning for their professional development and measuring their needs
- Offering one training module per month on one of the themes mentioned above.
- Involving teachers in forum discussions where ideas are shared within a specific time-frame related to the theme of the module.
- Involving teachers in working on papers and collaborative tasks in order to stimulate an interactive learning throughout the whole training.
- The online activities will be implemented through the British Council platforms and planning for the training will be designed in coordination with the participating teachers to ensure smooth implementation of the modules schedule.
- The training starts from October 2019 till March 2019.
- Participating teachers will receive a certificate of completion from the British Council
- Training is free of charge.
Participation and registration
To participate in this program, you must adhere by the following criteria:
- The participant must be a teacher of primary level with not more than 3 years of experience.
- The participant must be teaching at the period of the training and not retired or stopped working (the teacher must be responsible for a classroom of at least 25 students).
- The participant must have a laptop or computer so they can access the online course.
- The participant must have a good internet connection service.
- The participant must be eager to commit to the training requirements.
If you are interested in developing your teaching career through this online course with the British Council and you meet all the above requirements, please download the application form, fill it out and send it to email@example.com before August 5, 2019.
Due to the volume of applications, only the selected teachers will be contacted within one month from the application deadline.
The applications will be evaluated by an experienced panel that consists of the British Council teachers’ trainers and experts in the field. Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The relevance of the candidate’s past experience to the training
- Their motivation to take part in the course
- The clear demonstration of how the training will contribute to the quality of teaching in the classroom
For any questions or enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.