The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English. We have helped people in more than 130 countries gain English language qualifications that help them make the most of their chances in life. That’s a lot of experience, and it means that if you take an English language test with us, you can be confident that you’ll be well looked after.
Here are just a few reasons why millions of people have taken IELTS with the British Council:
- Expert support: from videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test.
- Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of free training.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have more than 500 test locations in over 100 countries. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test. We do not currently offer IELTS in Syria. However you can sit your test at our regional centres in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
- Easy booking: you can book online to sit your IELTS test at one of our centres in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
- Fast results: we guarantee you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date you take your test.
- Special arrangements: your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have. Please note, you will need a medical certificate issued within the last two years at the time of registration.